The Guelph Youth Council (GYC) organizes a wide variety of community events, attends workshops, and participates in advisory meetings. Members of the GYC are always encouraged to bring their own event and workshop ideas to the youth council for consideration.
Our meetings may include:
- Providing a youth perspective by advising community members, city staff, city councillors, and the mayor on programs, facilities and events to ensure that they are engaging and accessible to youth in Guelph.
- Working on longer, multi-meeting projects to see a community event or program to fruition.
- Attending workshops led by local guest-speakers
- Attending team-building and social bonding events and meetings
- Leadership retreats, group seminars, other youth-based training opportunities, holiday parties, pot-luck dinners, and more.