Guelph Youth Council wants you!
We’re looking for student representatives from each high school in Guelph. Volunteering with the Guelph Youth Council (GYC) is an enjoyable way to satisfy the requirements for your 40 hours of high school volunteer service while making a difference in your community.
Requirements to apply:
- Must be aged 13-18
- Must live in Guelph and/or attend school in Guelph
Benefits of joining the Guelph Youth Council
- Gain valuable experience sitting on a council and receive volunteer hours to put towards your mandatory 40 hours of community service.
- Make new friends and social connections within a diverse group of young, like-minded individuals.
- Gain indispensable employment and volunteer connections by interacting with guest speakers and representatives from local community groups and organizations.
- Make a positive impact on the Guelph community. By providing your unique perspective in advisory meetings and contributing to programs that benefit the wider Guelph community, you can make Guelph a more vibrant, youth-friendly city.
General Members of the Guelph Youth Council are expected to:
- Attend 1 hour weekly meetings and GYC events
- Be an engaged member of the Guelph Youth Council and contribute to a positive council environment where everyone, regardless of race, age, disability, socioeconomic state, gender, or sexuality, feels welcome and valued.
How to join the Guelph Youth Council – General Member
We are always looking for new members, so if you’re interested, please fill out the Guelph Youth Council General Member Volunteer Form and Photo Release below and the Youth Services Coordinator will be in contact with you shortly. If you would rather fill out a physical copy, download a print-friendly pdf.
We accept new members any time throughout the year.
For more information
Please contact the Youth Services Coordinator at [email protected].